sábado, 4 de febrero de 2012

Condicionais Tipo Mixto

 Conditional sentences: mixed types  
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tenses. 
  1. If you (find) a skeleton in the cellar don't mention it to anyone.
  2. If you pass your examination we (have) a celebration.
  3. What (happen) if I press this button?
  4. I should have voted for her if I (have) a vote then.
  5. If you go to Paris where you (stay)?
  6. If someone offered to buy you one of those rings, which you (choose)?
  7. The flight may be cancelled if the fog (get) thick.
  8. If the milkman (come) tell him to leave two pints.
  9. Someone (sit) on your glasses if you leave them there.
  10. You would play better bridge if you (not talk) so much.
  11. What I (do) if I hear the burglar alarm?
  12. If you (read) the instructions carefully you wouldn't have answered the wrong question.
  13. I could repair the roof myself if I (have) a long ladder.
14 Unless they turn that radio off I (go) mad.
15 If you were made redundant what you (do)?
16 We'll have a long way to walk if we (run) out of petrol here. 
17 If you shake that bottle of port it (not be) fit to drink.
18 I'll probably get lost unless he (come) with me.
19 You (not have) so many accidents if you drove more slowly.
20 If you (wear) a false beard nobody would have recognized you.
21 If she (leave) the fish there the car will get it.
22 Unless they leave a lamp beside that hole in the road somebody into it.
23 You'll get pneumonia if you (not change) your wet clothes.
24 If I had known that you couldn't eat octopus I (not buy) it.
25 If they (hang) that picture lower people would be able to see it.
26 She (be able) to walk faster if her shoes hadn't such high heels.
27 I (bring) you some beer if I had known that you were thirsty.
28 If you had touched that electric cable you (be) electrocuted.
      29 If the story hadn't been true the newspaper (not print) it.
      30 I (not buy) things on the instalment system if I were you.
      31 Dial 999 if you (want) Police, Ambulance, or Fire Brigade.
      32 You (not be) any use to me unless you learn to type.
      33 If anyone attacked me, my dog (jump) at his throat.
      34 If he were in he (answer) the phone.
      35 The ship would have run aground if the pilot (make) one mistake.
      36 I shouldn't have taken your umbrella if I (know) that it was the only one you had.
66 Conditional sentences: mixed types
PEG 221-6  (sol page 115)
Finish these sentences, taking care to use the correct tenses.
1 If he had taken my advice . . .
2 If you ate less . . .
3 We'll send for the doctor if . . .
4 If she practised more . . .
5 If there isn't enough wine in that bottle . . .
6 If you had checked the petrol before we started . . .
7 This clock wouldn't have run down if . . .
8 Try on the blue one if . . .
9 If these gates are locked . . .
10 If we leave before breakfast . . .
11 If the river rises any higher . . .
12 Her life might have been saved if . . .
13 If the volcano starts erupting ...
14 The grass would look better if . . .
15 Unless it is a nice day . . .
16 If you don't put enough stamps on a letter, the person who gets it . . .
17 He would lend it to you if . . .
18 Unless this hotel gets another cook . . .
19 If the storm becomes worse . . .
20 If your uncle sees you . . .
21 If you tried to climb it without a guide . . .
22 If you didn't shake the camera so much, your photographs . . .
23 I'd have brought my coat . . .
24 If (=as) you don't like the picture . . .
25 He would have given her diamonds if . . .
26 If you had asked his permission . . . 
27 If the fire had been noticed earlier . . .
28 If you had any sense . . .
29 You would have been angry if . . .
30 If he had put the flowers into water at once . . .
31 I should have ordered more coal if . . .
32 If you leave the gate open . . .
33 You will have to go to the dentist if . . .
34 He would have been drowned if . . .
35 If I'd had a car . . .
36 If Tom rings while I'm out . . .

67 Mixed tenses and verb forms
PEG 221-6, 283-4 (sol page 116)
Conditional forms are used in requests. Fill the gaps in the following dialogue with a suitable verb form.
Telephone conversation . 1 Ann: .. .I... to Mr Wash, please?
2 Wash: Wash . . .
3 Ann: Good morning, Mr Wash. This is Ann Jones of 10 Cyprus Road. . . . you come and . . . my windows one Saturday this month?
4 Wash: I'm afraid 1... (negative). The next six Saturdays are ahead booked.
5 But I... ...on Wednesday morning.
6 Ann: . . . you . . . very early on Wednesday? I leave at 8.15 on weekdays.
7 Wash: I... ...to you by 8.30. . . . that be early enough?
8 Ann: No, it ...! There . . . be nobody to let you in. I... the flat at 8.15.
9 Wash: Oh 8.15! 1... you... 8.30!
10 Well, I suppose 1... ...to you by 8.00 as you're an old customer. But I . . . (negative) . . . a habit of it.
11 It means . . . breakfast at 6 and my wife . . . (negative) that.
12 She . . . always . . . to persuade me to give up window— . . . as it. She . . . it's dangerous.
13 Ann: What . . . she . . . you . . . instead?
14 Wash: Her father has a shop and she... ...me... ...in it.
15 She ...it... be a nice steady job with regular hours,
16 And if 1... in a shop she ... ... where I was.
17 Ann: And . . . you really . , . of giving it up?
18 Wash: No, I . . . the life. At least, I . . . it in summer.
19 Besides, I ... ... bored working in a shop.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario